The Newton-Needham Regional Chamber certifies certificates of origin for exporters located in the N2 Innovation District shipping products out of the country.
Certification is available at the chamber office, 281 Needham Street, Newton, during normal business hours 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, but please call ahead – 617-244-5300 as periodically our office closes due to an off-site event.
Certificate of Origin stamps are available free of charge to members of the Newton-Needham Regional Chamber. There is a $50 per document fee for non-members. (For more information about joining the chamber, and other member benefits, click here).
Please adhere to the following steps to insure timely processing of your certificate of origin:
- Certificates of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to the Newton-Needham Chamber.
- You are responsible for understanding the specific documentation requirements for the destination country of your shipment, as these rules may vary. A standard certificate of origin form as well as other standard export documents can be found on export.gov
- The product information listed must match verbatim what is on the invoice. Do not leave off numbers, quantities or descriptions.
- We do not recommend waiting until the day of your shipment to bring in your certificate.
- The Newton-Needham Regional Chamber reserves the right to refuse any document they feel does not meet the stated guidelines.